Needed: House Managers to work weekend nights during Amazing Things’ performances. Responsible for the building before during and after the performance. Reliability required.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Open up building and ensure all is working and ready for the show
- Set up chairs as needed in conjunction with ushers
- Welcome the performers when they arrive and review evening schedule
- Assist sound engineers with set up
- Welcome and direct volunteers serving as ushers, box office and bartenders
- Make sure host knows timing requirements and other band info as needed
- Close up building, ensuring all doors secured, lights off, garbage removed
- May be asked to act as “host” to make announcements at beginning of show and to ensure reasonable time for intermission.
- Demonstrated Reliability
- Patience with a variety of ages (patrons)
- Interest in live music (does not have to be an artist or musician!)
- Positive attitude; Dependable; Excellent Inter-personal skills
Wages: Hourly depending upon experience. Each night is approximately a 6 hour shift.
Other Benefits: Pass to all shows at Amazing Things Arts Center
To apply: Send cover letter with relevant experience and references to Ellen Sturgis, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org.