To Build Community Through the Arts
The Amazing Things Arts Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization in Downtown Framingham. We host high quality, professional musicians and performers weekly, as well as being home to some of the longest running folk and jazz open mics in the area. Our four art galleries: Gallery 160 and Stage Gallery in our firehouse home, and two offsite galleries: The Morton Street Gallery at Exhibit A Brewing, and The Amazing Starbucks Gallery, proudly feature established and emerging MetroWest artists.
Amazing Things Arts Center was founded in 2005 by Michael Moran with a vision of bringing together a diverse community of artists and arts appreciators of all ages, cultures, and interests in a supportive and nurturing environment. Our first home was a small storefront in the historic village of Saxonville in north Framingham. After a year of repeated sold-out performances, it was clear that a larger venue was needed.
- In May of 2007 at a Framingham Town Hall Meeting, the community voted to lease the Historic downtown Hollis Street Firehouse to Amazing Things for a period of 50 years.
- As part of our agreement with the town we began a Capital Campaign to renovate the historic firehouse. The Board raised over $250,000 in cash and in-kind contributions from individuals and companies who donated time and resources.
- In 2008 we officially settled into our new home: a completely renovated performance hall with space for music concerts, theater shows, art exhibits, classes, film screenings, and lectures.
- In 2015, we celebrated a decade of bringing the arts to the MetroWest community. Our art galleries were updated and refocused to feature Metrowest artists. We launched our fourth exhibition space, Morton Street Gallery, through a partnership with Exhibit A Brewing.
We continue to bring our mission to build community through the arts to life in our second decade.
- We’re expanding programming with classes and workshops to further meet the needs of both novice and professional creative people.
- Our newly upgraded performance space continues to host old favorites and new acts bringing energy to Downtown Framingham.
- The Jazz Jam & Show and Folk Open Mic remain some of the longest running in the area, and we’ve added a Comedy Open Mic to our community of supportive spaces for artists to practice new work and and sharpen their skills.
- Our four galleries highlight the talent of the emerging and established local artists through juried shows and marketplaces.
Through partnerships, outreach, and innovative programming Amazing Things continues to strive to be a beacon of excellence for the MetroWest and Greater Boston artistic community.