September 12th – November 5th, 2019
Opening Reception: September 12th, 2019 from 6-8pm
Join us in celebrating arts in the community for our Annual Open Arts Juried Exhibition! From photography to oils; landscapes to abstracts, we welcome all mediums and subjects! We created this show to let the artists in our community experiment with unlimited range and to share the amazing artistic talent found in our neighborhoods.
NEW Submission process:
- This year all submissions will be accepted digitally. We cannot jury any artwork that has been dropped off in person.
- Between June 26th and September 2nd at midnight artists can apply for the juried show via the submission form, paying the submission fee, and by sending images to email@example.com
- Artwork must follow the gallery rules and guidelines to be accepted. Any work that does not follow the guidelines will automatically be disqualified.
- Artists can submit up to 4 works. 1-2 pieces for $25 & $35 for 3-4 pieces (the submission fee goes to the jury prizes awarded at the reception)
- The Jury will review all works on September 3rd.
- Artists will be notified via email to whether or not they were accepted for the show on September 3rd.
- If accepted, artists can drop work off September 4th – 6th from 10:30am – 5:30pm
- Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that not everyone who submits will be accepted.
Lena is a Boston-born painter and international muralist. She first began making street art in Santiago, Chile in 2016. Since then she has not ceased painting walls. Her repertoire ranges from arts centers, to schools, businesses and international mural festivals. Her work can be found all over the neighborhoods of Boston, across Latin America and most recently, India.
“Public art – street art – has changed my life. I’ve never felt more inspired to put something out into the world as when everyone can see and feel it’s rawness. What a gift to create.”
When not painting big walls, she can be found in her studio, on a yoga mat, or outside somewhere!
Gail Dodge (b.1985, San Francisco) is a Providence-based artist working with video, performance and the manipulation of traditional and nontraditional sculptural materials. Gail received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Arizona in 3D and Extended Media in the Spring of 2013. She completed her Masters of Fine Art from the Rhode Island School of Design in Sculpture in the spring of 2015. She has held teaching positions at Wheaton College in Massachusetts and currently teaches in the Sculpture, Graphic Design and Continuing Education and PreCollege departments at the Rhode Island School of Design. Her work has been exhibited nationally and internationally in cities including Mexico City, Mexico; Tucson, AZ; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Baltimore, MD; Austin, TX; and Michigan City, IN.
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Friday 12-6pm, Also open during feature shows to ticket holders.
**All artwork for sale, please call Amazing Things for prices: 508-405-2787. A portion of proceeds go to our Galleries, but the majority goes to supporting local artists!
Thank you to our 2019 Sponsor!
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Franklin & Holliston Cultural Councils, a local agency supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency