1. Selection process
Amazing Things accepts proposals for exhibits on a juried basis. Amazing Things has the right to deny proposals received for any reason. You will be notified of your acceptance via email once all submission materials are received. Submission materials include the completed submission form, examples of current work, & an artist bio or statement. Upon acceptance the Gallery Curator will send you a contract.
2. Gallery Information
Amazing Things curators four art galleries.
- Gallery160 is located in the Firehouse (160 Hollis St. Framingham, MA 01702) on the 2nd floor. Gallery hours are Tues-Fri 12pm-6pm. The gallery is also open on weekends to ticket holders. Times are subject to change for event nights.
- Stage Gallery is also in the Firehouse on the 1st floor. Gallery hours are Tues-Fri 12pm-6pm. The gallery is also open on weekends to ticket holders. Times are subject to change for event nights.
- The Amazing Starbucks Gallery is located in Starbucks at 25 Prospect St. Framingham, MA 01701. Gallery hours are Starbucks’ hours of operations.
- The Morton Street Gallery is located in Exhibit ‘A’ Brewery at 81 Morton St. Framingham, MA 01702. Gallery hours are Exhibit ‘A’ Brewery’s hours of operations.
Prior to delivery, Works must be prepped & ready to hang. Framed & canvas pieces must be tightly wired & canvas pieces must be gallery wrapped. The Gallery uses a Click Rail System, please consider this while preparing your Works. Any Works using clip frames, saw-tooth hangers, & nails will not be accepted. Paper pieces must be framed. If the Works are light enough, command strips, provided by the artist, can be used but must be tested prior to hanging to ensure they can hold the weight of the piece. If the Gallery has to prep or Wire the pieces, a $10 fee will be charged per piece.
4. Content Restrictions
Each Gallery has its own content restrictions. Please consider these when picking a gallery for your show.
- Gallery160 is open to all subject matters, but we ask that the artist consider the content of their Work before submitting it. Gallery160 accepts all mediums including but not limited to paintings, illustrations, sculpture, ceramics, drawings, & fabric art. At this time Gallery160 can not accommodate video art, unless equipment is provided by the artist.
- Stage Gallery – is a public space & does not accept nudes, political, religious, violent, & controversial pieces. Stage Gallery only accepts ﬂat Works that can be hung on a wall and will not obstruct the walkways. Some hanging sculpture will be considered on a juried basis. All 3D sculptures must be approved in advance by the Gallery Curator.
- The Amazing Starbucks Gallery is a public space & does not accept nudes, political, religious, violent, & controversial pieces. The Amazing Starbucks Gallery only accepts ﬂat Works that can be hung on a wall and will not obstruct the walkways.
- The Morton Street Gallery is a public gallery & is juried by the Gallery Curator & Exhibit ‘A’ Brewery. The Brewery is open to all subject matters but can deny work for any reason. The Morton Street Gallery only accepts ﬂat Works that can be hung on a wall and will not obstruct the walkways. Some hanging sculpture will be considered on a juried basis. All 3D sculptures must be approved in advance by the Gallery Curator.
If selected for a show in any of the four galleries, please alert the Gallery Curator if you are unsure if the size, content, or medium is suited for the gallery. The Gallery Curator will work with artists to make sure the show will be properly accommodated.
5. Delivery & Installation of Works
When selected for a show, on the date set by the gallery, Works must be hand delivered, no exceptions. The Gallery is not responsible for damage caused during the delivery. It is up to the artist to ensure all Works are securely packaged to prevent damages. The Artist will hang the Works themselves or with the assistance of the Gallery Curator if requested. If the artist is unable to hang their works they must alert the gallery prior to the date of delivery so other arrangements can be made.
6. Pricing & Sales
The Gallery prefers all work be for sale. Prices are set by the artist; the gallery adds Massachusetts sales tax (6.25%) to all pieces when sold. All sales go through Amazing Things Arts Center. The artist will be notified of a sale within a week of the gallery receiving payment. The Artist must pick up their check at Amazing Things after scheduling a time with the office to do so. Checks will not be mailed out unless specifically requested.
For non-members the gallery will receive 35% of the sales before taxes. If you are an Amazing Things member, the gallery will receive 25% of the sales before taxes.
The gallery requests images to promote the show through social media and on our website. The artist may choose to create their own invitations or marketing materials for the show, but they must include the Amazing Things logo, address, ofﬁce number, & gallery hours. Gallery160 & The Morton Street Gallery will have an opening reception set by the Gallery Curator. Stage Gallery & The Amazing Starbucks Gallery do not have receptions. Food & drinks will be provided by the artist.
9. PR Materials
At least 2 months prior to the show the artist must return their signed & completed contract. If the contract is not received in the allotted time the Gallery Curator has the right to cancel the show. They should also provide an artist statement or bio; 3 high res Jpg ﬁles of works featured in the show to be used for marketing; & a list of every piece in the show with the following information: title, medium, size, & price. The gallery will provide a printed labels of each of the Works.
Amazing Things Arts Center has $50,000 insurance coverage. The gallery is not responsible for losses including, but not limited to indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
11. Removal of Works
All Works must be removed by the artist on the date set by the Gallery Curator between 12-6pm. The artist must sign out their work upon removal. If a Work has been sold it is the responsibility of the customer to remove the Work, not the artist. Works will become the property of Amazing Things if not picked up within 2 months of the removal date.
Gallery160 & The Morton Street Gallery holds a one time artist reception. Coffee & tea will be provided by Amazing Things in Gallery160, anything else will be the artists responsibility to buy & drop off. Amazing Things will set up the event space. Special requests go through the gallery curator. The Stage Gallery & The Amazing Starbucks Gallery spaces do not allow for receptions. The contract must be returned at least 2 Months before the installation date, if the contract is not returned or filled out completely the Gallery Curator has the right to cancel the show. If your work has already been shown in the gallery you are applying for we will not accept it. We ask no artist repeats the same work in the same gallery.